吃饱吃好 发表于 2016-9-26 20:20:27

Can anybody give me some advice working with foreign superior?

I'm going to work in a Germany company as a machining engineer in technology department, there is a German
manager who interviewed me month ago will be my boss, He has good machining knowledge and speaks English
very quickly(sometimes I couldn't listen clearly), I don't have any experience working with German (even
a foreigner), I'm an introverted guy, and I have rich experience in machining field but don't have any
experience in their products, I know there are many challenges ahead, Can anybody in this forum give me
some advice or share a little bit experience working with foreign superior? thanks in advance.

未来第一站 发表于 2016-9-26 20:28:30

onlyadmire

wfsoochow 发表于 2016-9-26 20:30:27

Think about everything very clearly and prepare for your opinion and next activity

albert.tang 发表于 2016-9-26 20:37:12

good good study, day day up;P

迷茫的小鲜肉 发表于 2016-9-26 20:39:55

I want to study English too

恁老厮 发表于 2016-9-26 20:53:19

食好兜(帮)相报(介绍)

召唤师170 发表于 2016-9-26 20:54:46

为什么我都看的懂你说的是什么?直觉你英语还不够溜?

itwotwo 发表于 2016-9-26 21:14:33

'months' or 'a month'

kuangaoteiji 发表于 2016-9-27 00:17:16

四级没过的人看懂了
你该进修ENGLISH了

Alex_rcpilot 发表于 2016-9-27 00:57:07

Bit of a cliché here when it comes to "fast speakers". Most Germans don't even speak English, the rest of them speak with an accent. That must be why it turned out a pain in the ass for you. Working with foreigners can be tricky 'cause you can't simply expect there to be a golden rule that fits all foreigners. They come in abundant varieties. So you must get to know him first, just as with a common Chinese superior.

1. Clear language barrier ASAP. Start with most common phrases which you use every day. Establish a failsafe system so that whenever communication fails, you may immediately inform him and he will be able to fix problems with you without significant time losses.

2. Review your responsibilities in your current position within your company. Know what your superior expects you to do, and how you're supposed to do it well with your expertise.

3. Observe his preferences, what he likes and dislikes. What's the best angle to come to him to express an idea most efficiently. Germans emphasize on efficiency.

4. Although it might already be overwhelming to work on your English, I'd still recommend that you start learning German, even just a little bit. Andere Länder, andere Sitten. Deutschkurs sollte sich als nützlich erweisen.
页: [1] 2 3
查看完整版本: Can anybody give me some advice working with foreign superior?